The application period for Strong Families, Strong Futures program closed March 21, 2022.
At Martha’s Table, we are committed to standing with strong children, strong families, and strong communities in the District of Columbia. For more than 40 years, we have worked to increase access to quality education, health and wellness, and essential family resources.
We are proud to continue this work with the launch of Strong Families, Strong Futures DC, a direct cash assistance program supporting D.C. mothers. Supported by the D.C. Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development, we will invest directly in families during the pivotal first year of their child’s life.
This direct cash assistance will help families build a strong financial foundation that paves the way for lasting child and family success.
Please review the steps below to complete the application:
Step 1: Complete your application by March 21, 2022 at 11:59pm. Applications will NOT be accepted after March 21, 2022 at 11:59pm.
- Applications submitted by the March 21, 2022 deadline will be reviewed for eligibility to be entered into the randomized selection process. The randomized selection will occur after the application portal closes on March 21, 2022.
Step 2: Review the required document list below. Documents are NOT required to be submitted at the point of application submission. Applicants will be notified to submit documents if selected via the randomized selection process.
- D.C. driver’s License or valid D.C. non-drivers ID
- 2021 Income Verification Documents (W2 Tax Form, 1099 Tax Form, 1040 Tax Form) *Note: If you were employed in 2021, but received SNAP or TANF benefits you ONLY need to submit benefit attestation documentation. If you were unemployed in 2021, documentation from the Department of Human Services (DHS) attesting to your SNAP and/or TANF benefit status is required to verify income.
- State-issued birth certificate or proof of birth from a health provider, i.e., Hospital Discharge Documentation
- Documentation from a licensed medical professional confirming pregnancy and due date OR complete the SFSF Pregnancy Verification Form
Step 3: After receiving notification, submit required documents for review.
What is the Strong Families, Strong Futures DC program?
Strong Families, Strong Futures DC is a direct cash assistance program supporting new and expecting mothers residing in DC Wards 5, 7 and 8 during the pivotal first year of their child’s life. This direct cash assistance will help families build a strong financial foundation that paves the way for lasting child and family success.
What are the benefits for my family?
- $10,800 of direct cash assistance over one year – no strings attached!
Spend the dollars as you see fit for your family.
- In addition to the monthly cash assistance supported by this program, participants will have access to the following Martha’s Table benefits:
- Weekly access to healthy groceries and children’s/professional clothing at no cost to you!
- The opportunity to enroll your child in nationally accredited early education
programming – help your child prepare for success in kindergarten and beyond!
- The chance to build relationships with other parents while strengthening your parenting skills.
- Support your personal education and career journey as you pursue your dreams for your family!
If I am pregnant, when can I apply?
The application criteria for Strong Families, Strong Futures requires pregnant mothers to be, at minimum, in their second or third trimester of pregnancy (13+ weeks) as of March 21, 2022, to apply. Mothers may also apply who have a child ages 3 months or younger. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria at this time, please be advised that Martha’s Table has other programs that you may qualify for. Please visit marthastable.org or contact email@example.com for more information about Martha’s Table programs.
What if my child is over 3 months old (12 weeks old)?
Strong Families, Strong Futures supports expectant mothers and mothers with a child 3 months of age or younger – as of March 21, 2022. If you do not fit these criteria at this time, please be advised that Martha’s Table has other programs that you may qualify for. Please visit marthastable.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about Martha’s Table programs.
When does the application period for the program begin?
The program application period will open on February 28, 2022.
When does the application period for the program end?
The program application period will close on March 21, 2022 at 11:59 pm EST.
How many applicants will be selected for this program?
Strong Families, Strong Futures DC will be accepting 132 new/expecting mothers that meet the program criteria and provide required documentation validating their eligibility.
Will this monthly cash assistance program affect my public benefits?
Martha’s Table views funds disseminated via the Strong Families, Strong Futures DC program as a gift; however, acknowledges that government entities may view the program gifts as income. Martha’s Table encourages participating families to consult with the agency providing benefits to determine the impacts, if any, of receiving the gift(s). We continue to pursue protections for participants to safeguard benefits to the extent possible. Additional information will be provided to selected participants.
Please refer to the links below for more information on income limits by households.
What is the income limit to participate in the program?
To be eligible, applicants’ yearly household earnings for the 2021 year must not exceed 250% of the federal poverty level for the family/household size (see chart below)
Still have questions?
Fill out the form below or email email@example.com