and quality education so DC residents
in need can build a better future.
Martha's Table has created an online
volunteer scheduling system www.marthastable.volunteerhub.com (or click the Volunteer Now button below)
This scheduling system allows our volunteers to...
- Sign up for their own shifts!
- Individual or Group volunteers can see what opportunities are available.
- If you are a pre-scheduled reoccurring volunteer, don't worry, we have assigned your shifts for you.
- If the shift you want is full you can add your name to the waitlist through the waitlist option. You will be notified right away if the the shift opens up.
With these new additions, we expect our volunteers to do the following...
- Check the page regularly and/or sign up for the waitlist option of a shift.
- Be sure to show up on the date(s) you signed up to volunteer. You will get a confirmation and reminder email but we will NOT call and confirm.
- Log into your account to cancel your shift, if needed. Please cancel your shift at least 48 hours (before that is preferred, please see our cancellation policy below) in advance so that gives people on the waitlist enough time to plan accordingly.
Every month we feature a Volunteer of the Month in our e-newsletter. The Volunteer of Month for October is Jelani Freeman. See her story and all of our honorees on the Volunteer of the Month page (link above). To join our email list please scroll to the bottom of this page and enter in your email address.
Don’t forget, if you are not able to volunteer at this time, you can also support us with a donation. We appreciate your interest in Martha’s Table. Thank you!
Our volunteers range in age from elementary students to retirees. Schools, church groups, civic groups, business and law offices and employees from many businesses around the Washington D.C. metro area make up the corps of approximately 10,000 volunteers that walk through our doors every year.
We also have volunteers coming from many church and youth groups from around the U.S., as well as from international groups from Hungary, Africa, Russia, Latin America, China, and Japan.
Martha's Table is being used as a model for learning how to attract, retain and utilize volunteer services to maximize their potential.
Our ability to serve the community is based on the hard work of our volunteers and many supporters.
- If you schedule and DO NOT show up for your shift, we CAN NOT serve the community to the best of our ability.
- 24 hour canceling or rescheduling notice is required. In the event that you are unable to come in for your volunteer shift please contact the Volunteer Team so that Martha's Table can make other arrangements.
- Because we depend so heavily on volunteers, we need to make sure we recruit RELIABLE volunteers. If you do not provide us with 24 hours notice, we will have to reconsider whether we can reschedule for future a volunteer date.
Volunteering at Martha’s Table creates a bridge that helps people connect across a sometimes separated and segregated region. It helps shape our community and allows people to live their values and be part of the solution.