WALK WEEK!! 2010 Help the Homeless Walkathon
2010 Help the Homeless Walkathon
Please join us for the 23rd Help the Homeless Walkathon
To register visit www.helpthehomelessdc.org. Remember to choose Martha’s Table as the beneficiary organization.
Friday November 19th is the final day to register online.
Today’s Message: Pre-registration Deadline
Online Preregistration has been Extended!
Due to high registration volume, walkers can still register online until 5 p.m. today! Walkers who miss the preregistration deadline will have an opportunity to register at Event Day Registration located on the Department of Agricultural lawn. Encourage walkers who miss preregistration to bring the completed, signed registration form and payment ($30 for Adult / $15 for Youth 25 and under) to the Event Day registration.
7:00 a.m. Registration Opens
8:30 a.m. Pre-Walkathon Program
9:00 a.m. Walkathon begins
Take Metro to the Smithsonian Station (Blue/Orange lines). The Metro opens at 6:00 a.m.
Tuesday’s Message: Walker Waivers
Walkers who pre-register should bring their waiver to the Check-In tent located on the Mall near 7th street in front of the National Gallery of Art.
Walkers who miss the pre-registration deadline will have an opportunity to register at Event Day Registration located on the Department of Agricultural lawn. Encourage walkers who miss pre-registration to bring the completed, signed registration form and payment ($30 for Adult / $15 for Youth 25 and under) to the Event Day registration.
Weather Outlook: Current forecast for Saturday is sunny and a high of 58. A beautiful morning for the Walk.
Planning to Walk – Here are a few key points:
- Sign up to walk at www.helpthehomelessdc.org
- Adults $25 and Youth $15 (age 25 and younger)
- You can REGISTER TO WALK online and create your own team. Then you can recruit other folks to walk or sponsor your team.
- During registration please choose Martha’s Table as your beneficiary organization in the drop down box.
- Once registered, you will receive your Event Waiver in an email. Bring that Event Waiver to the Check-In tent on the National Mall on Event Day, pick up your t-shirt and you are ready to walk!
- THIS IS NEW: If a you or a team member can not make it down to the mall but still wants to “walk” they can as a VIRTUAL WALKER. They will receive the t-shirt in the mail.
Virtual Walker Info – Can’t make it to the National Mall on November 20th?
No worries, you can still support Martha’s Table and Walk! All you have to do it follow the simple steps below.
- Go to the Help the Homeless website, www.helpthehomelessdc.org
- Click on REGISTER TO WALK.
- Choose Martha’s Table DC053 as the beneficiary organization.
- Choose the VIRTUAL WALKER option.
- VIRTUAL WALKER registration fee is $30.
- The Virtual Walker will receive their t-shirt in the mail.
Support Martha’s Table and walk in the 23rd annual Help the Homeless Walkathon. This is a community wide fundrising effort that supports organizations, like Martha’s Table, in the fight to prevent and end homelessness. 100% of walker registration fees, donations, and sponsorship contributions go directly to Martha’s Table. You must remember to select Martha’s Table when registering to walk.
To become a sponsor, please contact Kim Lyons at Martha’s Table, firstname.lastname@example.org.