Spread Holiday Cheer with us at Martha’s Table!This holiday season, Martha’s Table is celebrating our students and families and supporting community members in need. Please join us! Here’s how you can help us ensure that our children and families have a happy and comfortable holiday:
- Donate Winter Items:
This winter, we are collecting winter clothing and cold-weather gear (hats, scarves, thermals, sleeping bags and more) to be distributed on both McKenna’s Wagon (our mobile food truck) and at our two Martha’s Outfitters thrift store locations.
To view and purchase items on our wish list, click here.
- Donate “Bundles of Joy” for our students:
We are collecting educational items and toys to celebrate our Healthy Start & Healthy Connections students. Please consider donating items to our wonderful students this holiday season!
- Gifts should be appropriate for children between 3 months-12 years of age
- Gifts should be both educational and fun! (board games, LeapFrog tablets, etc.)
- All gifts should be new, unused and in original packaging
- Gifts should not be gift-wrapped
- Gifts should not portray or imply violence (i.e. toy guns or knives, shooting games, etc.)
- Gifts should not contain cartoon characters (such a Disney characters, etc.)
- In order to ensure that every child receives gifts on the same day, please deliver all items by Friday, December 16th.
All gifts should be addressed to:
Martha’s Table c/o Kara Richie
2114 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20009
- Donate classroom items:
We are also collecting classroom items to support our Healthy Start and Healthy Connections programming.
To view and purchase items on our classroom wish lists, click here.
- Donate food:
We receive more food donations during the holiday season than any other time of the year, but the need for food doesn’t end when the holiday season ends. Please consider making a food donation that isn’t holiday specific:
- Canned vegetables and canned fruit, preferably low sodium
- Canned meat and soup, preferably low sodium
- Canned beans, preferably low sodium
- Dry goods such as beans, brown rice, whole grain elbow macaroni
For more information, check out our holiday donation flyer here!
We welcome food donations seven days a week at our headquarters (2114 14th Street NW Washington DC 20009) during the following hours: Mon-Fri 7:30-6pm and Sat-Sun 10am-3pm.
- Monetary donations:
Martha’s Table relies on year-round contributions to support our work. If you would like to make a monetary donation, click here.
From all of us at Martha’s Table: Happy Holidays!