GOING FAST: TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR SIPS & SUPS
New Chefs Confirmed for Events Benefiting Martha’s Table & DCCK
Tickets are going fast for Saturday Night Sips and Sunday Night Suppers, two events that benefit DC Central Kitchen and Martha’s Table. Over 30 celebrated chefs, from Top Chef contestants to James Beard Award winners, including Alice Waters, Joan Nathan and Jose Andres, and more than a dozen area farms, grocers and other sponsors are participating.
The January 22nd cocktail party, Saturday Night Sips, will be hosted by Waters, Nathan and Andres and feature tastes from some of the DC area’s best young chefs, including:
- Will Artley, Evening Star
- Graham Barltett, Zengo
- Antonio Burrell, Masa 14
- Garret Flemming, Eatonville
- Shannon Overmiller, Majestic Café
- David Varley, Bourbon Steak
Complimenting the food will be specialty cocktails created by mixologists Dan Searing of Room 11, Gina Chersevani of PS7’s and Owen Thomson of Café Atlantico. Italian wine experts Le Baccanti will provide wine selections to compliment the night’s flavors. Saturday Night Sips will be at 1609 16th Street, NW. Tickets are $100 and still available: www.saturdaysips.eventbrite.com.
The following evening, January 23rd, chefs will pair up to cook intimate Sunday Night Suppers for guests in 14 DC homes. Participating chefs include:
- Alice Waters, Chez Panisse – Berkeley, CA
- Victor Albisu, BLT Steak
- Cathal Armstrong, Restaurant Eve
- Eve Aronoff, EVE – Ann Arbor, MI
- Elisabeth Bourgeois, La Mas Tourteron – Gorde, France
- Jeff Buben, Vidalia
- Bertand Chemel, 2941
- Ariane Daguin, D’Artagnan – New York, NY
- Roberto Donna, Galileo III Ristorante Italiano
- Scott Drewno, Wolfgang Puck’s The Source
- Ruben Garcia, minibar by Jose Andres
- Todd Gray, Equinox
- Eliza Jamison, Café Boulud Palm Beach – Palm Beach, FL
- Julian Medina, Toloache – New York, NY
- Brian McBride, Blue Duck Tavern
- Kaz Okochi, Masa 14
- Barton Seaver, chef/author of For Cod and Country
- Alon Shaya, Domenica – New Orleans, LA
- Gina Stanley, Artcliff Diner – Vineyard Haven, MA
- Nicholas Stefanelli, Bibiana
- Fabio Trabocchi, Fiola Ristorante
- Robert Weland, Poste
- Todd Woods and Josh Schwartz, Restaurant Nora
Tickets are $500 and can be purchased at www.sundaysuppers.eventbrite.com.
Meals will be prepared using locally sourced and sustainable ingredients, supplied by many local farmers, grocers and others. Participating sponsors include Rick’s Picks, Ayrshire Farm, Toby Island Bay Oysters, Santa Lucia Coffee, Wegmans, Heritage Foods, Le Baccanti Wine, Mozzarella Company, Sea 2 Table, D’Artagnan, Whole Foods, Jamison Farm, Wagshal’s, ThinkFoodGroup, Catoctin Creek Distilling Company, Ridgewells Catering, The Ritz-Carlton, Black Ankle Vineyards, Le Pain Quotidien and Roadside Organics.
All proceeds benefit DC Central Kitchen and Martha’s Table. Donations are tax-deductible.