and quality education so DC residents
in need can build a better future.
Martha’s Outfitters is our community thrift store. Neighbors in need receive clothing and housewares for free and the thrift store raises funds to support all of Martha’s Table’s programs.
The new Anacostia Martha's Outfitters is open.
Martha’s Outfitters is a unique community thrift store in the U Street Corridor. Not only do we provide free clothing, linens and household items to individuals and families in need, but we also open our doors to the community at large whose purchases support Martha’s Table’s larger mission.
You can help by donating your gently used items to Martha’s Outfitters today.
14th St. - 9am to 6 pm
MLK Ave - 9am to 4:30pm
What we accept
- Gently used seasonal clothing that is clean and in excellent repair – please no tears, stains, broken zippers, or missing buttons – shoes, accessories, and jewelry.
- Clean and fully functioning kitchenware, including pots, pans, dishes, glassware, utensils and small electric appliances.
- Children's books and art.
- Bed and table linens, picture frames, lamps, occasional furniture, computers, flat screen monitors and televisions, and small electronics.
What We Can’t Accept
- Mattresses and box springs
- Non-flat screen televisions or computer monitors (anything with a big back)
- Large furniture