providing nutritious meals and academic development and more to children aged 5 to 13 yrs.
Elementary & Middle Program (5-9 and 10-13 years)
Our Nationally accredited after-school programs for younger children offers them a range of academic and enrichment opportunities, including tutoring and homework assistance and field trips.
Educational and Enrichment Programs for children at Martha’s Table focus on the following general areas:
(1) helping meet children’s basic needs such as food and clothing,
(2) providing a safe, supervised, and supportive program the children enjoy and attend,
(3) assisting children in their education with a supportive academic environment that promotes and nurtures learning and address any special needs,
(4) assisting children dealing with family challenges and engaging parents, and
(5) facilitating the participants’ personal growth and development.
Martha’s Table programs combine these five areas of focus in an effort to try and help each child realize his abilities, skills, and opportunities to succeed.
Hours of Operation
School Year Hours: 3:15pm to 6pm
Summer/Vacation Hours: 7am to 6pm
There are new parent pick up policies, please follow "Parent Information" for details.
In 2008, we achieved accreditation of the after-school programs for the Elementary and Bridge programs through the National After-School Association. Accreditation is recognition of meeting high measureable standards of quality in programs serving children and youth. Martha's Table is one of two after-school programs in Washington, DC (the other is at Bolling Air Force Base) to have this honor. We are thrilled to be able to provide this high level of impact to the wonderful children, youth, parents and community we serve. Especially because of the many challenges our young people and their families face, we believe they deserve the best.
As an accredited and DHS-licensed program, our quality programming is ensured through regular inspections. The standards for national accreditation far exceed state licensing qualifications; DHS recognizes the program as an exemplary “Gold Tier Program” now that we have our accreditation certificate.